After nearly two years of amazing work here, Merissa is, sadly, moving back to Singapore and taking her camera with her, meaning that Seoul Sub→urban is in need of a new photographer.
In addition to the blog, photographing for Seoul Sub→urban comes with a paid monthly column for SEOUL magazine. Additionally, there may be other opportunities that arise following the publication of the English version of our book, tentatively scheduled for later this spring. If you’re interested in becoming part of the project, please look over the information below and follow the instructions at the end of the post.
– Shoot and publish an average of 1 stop every 1-2 weeks for the blog.
– Shoot 1 stop per month for SEOUL magazine.
– Help with the occasional publicity the project receives (interviews, media appearances, etc.)
We’re Looking for Someone Who:
– Will be in Seoul for at least one year (preferably longer).
– Can commit to visiting (on average) one subway stop per week.
– Uses professional equipment. (No iPhones or point-and-shoots, people.)
– Has a good grasp of Photoshop and/or Lightroom
– Is able to work independently.
Bonus points will be given to anyone who:
– Is handy with the finer points of WordPress and/or web design.
– Has lived in Seoul for six months or more
– Speaks Korean.
Interested? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, January 25 with the following:
– Name and self-introduction
– Information on your photography experience
– A link to an Instagram/flickr account or five sample shots (jpg please)
– The equipment you use
– Why you’d like to join the project
We’ll then review applications and ones we like will be provided with a sample station to photograph and further instructions. Thanks in advance for your interest!