As we mentioned in the last post, Liz will soon be leaving Seoul, meaning that Seoul Sub→urban is in need of a new photographer!
In addition to the blog, photographing for Seoul Sub→urban comes with a paid monthly column for SEOUL magazine. We also occasionally make appearances on various radio shows, and with a Korean language book being published in the spring there’s a good chance for more exposure and other opportunities.
- Shoot and publish an average of 1 stop per week for the blog. (With book work, vacations, and Liz preparing to leave for a trip around the world… we know, we’ve been slacking, but under normal circumstances, that’s the schedule.)
- Shoot 1 additional stop per month for SEOUL magazine.
- Help with the occasional publicity the project receives (radio interviews, etc.)
We’re Looking for Someone Who:
- Will be in Seoul for at least one year (preferably longer) from September 1, 2012.
- Can commit to visiting (on average) one subway stop per week.
- Uses professional equipment. (No iPhones or point-and-shoots, people.)
- Has a strong grasp of Photoshop and/or Lightroom
- Is able to work independently.
Bonus points will be given to anyone who:
- Has a moderate to strong ability with web design. (We’d like to revamp the website.)
- Has lived in Seoul for six months or more
- Speaks Korean.
Interested? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (the sooner the better) with the following:
- Name and self-introduction
- Information on your photography experience and five sample shots (jpg please)
- The equipment you use
- Why you’d like to join the project
We’ll then review applications and ones we like will be provided with two sample stations to photograph and further instructions. Thanks in advance for your interest!
Charlie and Liz